Thursday, November 18, 2010

On Christmas Cards...

I love paper crafting. If you've spent half a second checking out this blog, that fact in incredibly apparent. While I try to do mostly scrapbooking, I actually think I prefer card-making... the project are smaller, which makes them faster and easier. And there are not pesky pictures to try to coordinate your papers with. So much easier.



But I have a confession: the idea of making my own Christmas cards to send out completely petrifies me. I'm not really scard of making one... I'm scared of making 50. I'm petrified by the idea of that kind of time commitment to a single project this time of year, when I have SO many projects that I want to be doing and finishing.



But, luckily, theres another option. Shutterfly's unquie holiday cards get me off the hook of making my without boxing me into the ho-hum selection of cards available at the grocery store.



I absolutely love the designs available. You can see them for yourself here. Did you see the one with the timeline inside of it! I LOVE IT! Its like getting the card, a shortened version of the annual "what we've been up to" letter AND a picture all in one unique product! And I'm not limited to justone picture with them either. There are lots of choices that use several photos on the card. I think those are great options becuase I'm not sure I could pick just one picture... there are so many cute ones!



Shutterfly is also great for photo gifts this time of year. Photo gifts are always something I consider giving to grandparents (pretend to be surprised if you get these!). Check out the desk calendars here (a great gift for anyone with a desk at work, I think), or how about the canvas gallery prints here? Those look gorgeous, and ready to hang. I can see doing some of our pictures from Europe in canvas.



I can't wait to get started on creating my cards. Are you interested in some free cards from Shutterfly? Bloggers can get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly. Find out more here: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

No comments: