Sunday, March 8, 2009

Father's Day Card

Yes, its a bit early to be thinking about Father's Day, but I was hosting an All-Occasion Card Swap and I had a spot in the "Holiday" round. Father's Day was the most obvious holiday that no one had claimed yet, so I decided that I would do that.
Unfortunately, I don't have a single manly or masculine friendly stamp set. Not a one. So, I found these directions for making a cute little origami tie here. I figured that would work for me... here is what I came up with. Pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

Supplies Used

All Supplies are CTMH unless otherwise noted

  • Aspen Paper Pack
  • Natural Twill Ribbon
  • Say It In Style Stamp Set (May 2008 SOTM)
  • Outdoor Denim Ink
  • Adhesive Pearls (Michael's)
By the way, I love the Say It In Style stamp set and can't believe I didn't realize how great it was last May when it was available! I guess I wasn't much into cards then... anyway... here's hoping it makes it into the summer catalog as a part of our regular stamp collection! And I am hopeful... every stamp of the month from the Spring 2008 catalog made it into the Spring 2009 Catty as part of our regular collection!

No comments: