Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Creative Moment!

I finally found one! After moving 2700 miles to Syracuse, NY, living in a too-small rental, buying a house, moving again and getting settled, I finally found a creative moment or two. Helps that my husband is awesome and not only let me sleep in this morning and cleaned the kitchen floor, but took the kids out so I could have quiet creative time, and then didn't complain when my creative time spilled into the rest of the day too.
But, I have much to show for it: a whole completed layout. Honest-to-goodness complete, with a title and journaling and embellishments and EVERYTHING! I don't think I can remember the last time I had a layout that complete that I didn't have to come back to later for one reason or another.
So, here it is!

Its the first trip to a Cougar football game for Allison. Acutally, its not. I think we took her a few times as a infant. But its the first time she had any idea where she was and what was going on. I used papers from Game On and Stardust paper packs, plus some Bamboo textured cardstock (this came out of an old project kits). I really like how it turned out. Its not Cougar colors, which I would have liked, but I like this all the same.

Whaddya think? I have some more things to post soon... I've got layouts with pictures done, just not titles, journaling or embellishing. I'm workin' on it...
Supply List
(all products by Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated)
Game On Level 2 Paper Pack
Stardust Level 2 Paper Pack (retired)
Black Cardstock
Bamboo Textured Cardstock (retired)
Pewter My Accents (retired)
Rustic Alphabet Stamp Set
Atomic Caps Stamp Set (retired)
Atomic Lowercase Stamp Set (retired)
Stitching Rub-ons by DoodleBug
Black Stitch Ribbon, Target Dollar Spot

*You'll see me using a lot of retired things... why? I use what I like and a LOT of the papers that I really like are retired or retiring this year as CTMH prepare to switch to semi-annual catalogs with shorter availbility times on their scrapbook kits. Several of the kits retiring in December are already sold out and unavailable, so I'll just list them at retired, since they can no longer be ordered. I do love the new stuff, but I'm trying to use what I have (which is a LOT) before I buy more. :)



No comments: