Monday, March 5, 2012

A New Bow Board

Two little girls and so many bows! Princess A's old bow holder wasn't nearly big enough, so we needed something new. I was going to do something like this...



Inspiration via Pinterest

But inspiration struck me while looking at the sale items during a trip to Pottery Barn Kids (where we only go for story time and to let the kids play... and apparently to get inspired). Here's what I ended up with:




Total cost: under $10

It was $5 for the plywood base (the guy at Lowe's marked a $15 2'x4' sheet of oak plywood down for me cause it had a lousy corner), $2.79 for a spool of grosgrain and a little more for hardware to hang it. The fabric and batting I had on-hand from other projects.

I had my sweet husband cut the oak down to 18 x 24 for me (the table saw tends to terrify me!)... aren't hubby's great? Once it was cut down I glued batting to it, then used a staple gun to attach the fabric and ribbons. All the bows and clips just slide right onto the ribbons. Also, once my girls outgrow the bow phase, this style board could be re-purposed as a bulletin board.

Now, if I can only stop making bows this board might be big enough. :)

No comments: